Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Lures I Wish They Still Made... (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720544)

RabbleRouser 02-20-2021 11:17 AM

Lures I Wish They Still Made...

When one attains a certain age, it isn't always the latest and greatest that gets one excited. Here is a list of fishing lures I wish they still made:

Shakespeare Mouse
Creek Chub Darter
Rabble Rouser Crankbaits
Dalton Twist
Natural Ikes
Heddon Prowler
Bagley Smoo
Worth Flutter Fin
Falls Bait Co. Jig-N-Minnows
Mister Twister G Grub

Which lures would you stock up on if you had a time machine in which to travel back?

Franco Cialone 02-20-2021 12:52 PM

Terminator T1 spinnerbait

Wallychowder 02-20-2021 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=RabbleRouser;6529602]When one attains a certain age, it isn't always the latest and greatest that gets one excited. Here is a list of fishing lures I wish they still made:

Shakespeare Mouse
Creek Chub Darter
Rabble Rouser Crankbaits
Dalton Twist
Natural Ikes
Heddon Prowler
Bagley Smoo
Worth Flutter Fin
Falls Bait Co. Jig-N-Minnows
Mister Twister G Grub

Which lures would you stock up on if you had a time machine in which to travel back?[/QUOTE] Babe Wikelmans Fuzzy Grub ?

Bugler 02-20-2021 01:22 PM

Blakemore - Troubleshooters, 1/4 oz

Crede 02-20-2021 01:59 PM

Brooks Reefer. My Grandfatherís favorite Canadian walleye bait. Put 1/2 crawler on the rear treble when the bite slowed down.

Dacotah Eye 02-20-2021 02:02 PM

I caught a bunch of eyes using Hellbender Magnums.

buckmaster7600 02-20-2021 04:03 PM

The Producers crank bait. Dicks sold them years ago for .99$, havenít found them in years but those things caught the **** out of walleye. The problem was you had to buy 10 to get 2 or 3 that were tunable enough to get to track correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RabbleRouser 02-20-2021 06:54 PM

I forgot the Heddon River Runt.

Actually, I suggested to a manufacturer of saltwater wooden plugs to take a look at the South Bend Bass Oreno. Several months later, he sent me an e-mail to look at his website. He had studied the different body shapes over the years and then came up with a remake. I am happy to say that he has had success with them, as they sell out for him at the shows.

cutting edge 02-20-2021 07:44 PM

[QUOTE=RabbleRouser;6529770]I forgot the Heddon River Runt.

Actually, I suggested to a manufacturer of saltwater wooden plugs to take a look at the South Bend Bass Oreno. Several months later, he sent me an e-mail to look at his website. He had studied the different body shapes over the years and then came up with a remake. I am happy to say that he has had success with them, as they sell out for him at the shows.[/QUOTE]

I would include the Midge Oreno as well...

I also wish the Blue Fox Floyd's Buzzer (in-line buzzbait) was available....caught lots of fish on that lure!

Bill Krejca 02-21-2021 07:38 AM

Yeah, the Heddon River Runt Spook, particularly the Go-Deeper's, both regular and spinning size, I've caught a ton of walleyes on them, have a few of these baits hanging on the wall. Also, the Heddon Punkingseed - these baits would wobble while sinking after the cast, no reel in necessary, just hang on! :)

Bill