Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How do you watch Fishing TV Shows? (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689232)

jgarstecki 12-28-2018 08:06 AM

How do you watch Fishing TV Shows?

I recently saw an interesting thread on Facebook that asked anglers how they are viewing their Fishing TV shows? With Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. I was wondering how many people (and what age demographic) are now watching all of their fishing shows on (YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) vs. how many are still watching on cable channels (Fox Sports, NBC Sports, WFN or Outdoor Channel)?

That Minnesota guy 12-28-2018 08:17 AM

[QUOTE=jgarstecki;6272712]I recently saw an interesting thread on Facebook that asked anglers how they are viewing their Fishing TV shows? With Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. I was wondering how many people (and what age demographic) are now watching all of their fishing shows on (YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) vs. how many are still watching on cable channels (Fox Sports, NBC Sports, WFN or Outdoor Channel)?[/QUOTE]

I have never watched anything on Netflix, Amazon and only one or two on You Tube. In addition I don't click on links here leading to guys obliviously looking only for clicks.

Anything I watch is on DirecTv.

cclawman 12-28-2018 08:44 AM

Directv vs Dish

I currently have DTV and not happy with the service and they do not have Pac 12 so thinking of switching to Dish Network. Anyone have direct experience with the two?

seaotter 12-28-2018 08:57 AM

I gave up on hunting and fishing shows years ago. When I get into fishing is when I am on the rod grip not watching someone else on a scripted and cut show. Not finding fault with those that do. Just me.
Have a great day.
Jim

ECIRandy 12-28-2018 09:09 AM

I have recently been enjoying watching John Gillespie Woods and Waters on YouTube. I do not think it's available on my local channels.

eriksat1 12-28-2018 09:10 AM

I have DishNetwork. Sportsmans ch., Outdoor ch., Fox Sports North. I don't subscribe to it but they also offer WFN.

karpbuster 12-28-2018 09:18 AM

I watch most on Youtube some on channel 21 (Action). Fox Sports Outdoors West on Youtube, etc. I don't have cable, or a dish, just over the air channels and youtube.

Bobby Winds 12-28-2018 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=cclawman;6272740]I currently have DTV and not happy with the service and they do not have Pac 12 so thinking of switching to Dish Network. Anyone have direct experience with the two?[/QUOTE]

I was one of the first to ever have DirecTV and back then you had to install it yourself. I did that and installed several others for friends and family over those years.

I have since dumped DirecTV as it's nothing more then a wireless cable tv service.

We now have a rooftop antenna feeding a TiVo box that can record all our shows for FREE. We get about 35 channels with the antenna and the reception is excellent, better then cable or satellite.

If you have high speed cable you might get the Pac 12 through other services like Fubo......check around.

As far as fishing shows on TV, I stopped watching them because they are really nothing more then outdoor commercials. I have about 20 VHS tapes of the In Fisherman Shows that were packed with how to catch fish info.

karpbuster 12-28-2018 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6272774]I was one of the first to ever have DirecTV and back then you had to install it yourself. I did that and installed several others for friends and family over those years.

I have since dumped DirecTV as it's nothing more then a wireless cable tv service.

We now have a rooftop antenna feeding a TiVo box that can record all our shows for FREE. We get about 35 channels with the antenna and the reception is excellent, better then cable or satellite.

If you have high speed cable you might get the Pac 12 through other services like Fubo......check around.

As far as fishing shows on TV, I stopped watching them because they are really nothing more then outdoor commercials. I have about 20 VHS tapes of the In Fisherman Shows that were packed with how to catch fish info.[/QUOTE]

Me too, the youtube Fox fishing has no commercials, it stops where there is one and at the end they push fishing gear, I don't mind.

hnd 12-28-2018 09:40 AM

in my garage sitting in my boat on my garage tv/roku setup.