Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Okuma (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715838)

Muskeye 09-11-2020 09:36 AM

Okuma

It is not often when a company totally surpasses your expectations when it comes to customer service. Well Okuma did just that. When I needed their help they came through with flying colors. I have 6 cold water trolling/line counter reels. These guys work flawlessly including in very cold water. I would suggest you look at Okuma the next time you need a new reel.

7 Mag 09-11-2020 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=Muskeye;6482476]It is not often when a company totally surpasses your expectations when it comes to customer service. Well Okuma did just that. When I needed their help they came through with flying colors. I have 6 cold water trolling/line counter reels. These guys work flawlessly including in very cold water. I would suggest you look at Okuma the next time you need a new reel.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know, I have a couple of Coldwater reels as well.

Watertank1 09-11-2020 10:40 AM

Okuma Cold Water reels

Got 6 Coldwater linecounters (left hand retrieve). Great reels.

egladding 09-11-2020 01:19 PM

I have always used the Okuma coldwater for trolling musky. I started switching my walleye trolling combos over recently as well. They have been flawless and are cheaper then the tekotas. What service did you have done that surpassed your expectations by Okuma?

rockpt 09-11-2020 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=Muskeye;6482476]It is not often when a company totally surpasses your expectations when it comes to customer service. Well Okuma did just that. When I needed their help they came through with flying colors. I have 6 cold water trolling/line counter reels. These guys work flawlessly including in very cold water. I would suggest you look at Okuma the next time you need a new reel.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I've used Okumas for fall muskie trolling for years. They just work.

Fin Bender 09-14-2020 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=egladding;6482564] What service did you have done that surpassed your expectations by Okuma?[/QUOTE]

Ya, this little tidbit would have be helpful...........
Did they help you by tell you how to tie an arbor knot? Or, replace two broken reels that were out of warranty? Or, ????????

mjayn 09-14-2020 08:31 AM

Just to add to the praise. I received a gift 3 years ago an Okuma lightweight smaller spinning reel called the Inspira the body is made of carbon. Very light and balanced.

I have had Shimano spinning reels almost elusively for decades. With Stradics being my favorite balance of price and quality. As of right now my main 6 freshwater spinning reels are 2 stradics and 4 Okuma Inspiras.

After this season I will probably take apart and grease the 3 year old one and I will see how it faired. As of now though, they are all working well. They are great deal too. Smooth casters, great with braid, light, and they look good too..black and blue.

Ozark Bob 09-14-2020 06:40 PM

Okuma coldwaters are OK. Not Tekota quality, but are serviceable as trolling reels(2-303d). I am using for leadcore. I have 6 tekota's of various sizes for over 8 years, so I am familiar with them. JMHO Bob