Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Negative Trader Feedback (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Sold out (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533610)

duckbutter 03-26-2016 08:37 AM

Sold out

I responded to an ad for flicker shads indicating I would take ten of the items offered at the price offered, and so posted, along with a request for a PM for payment instructions. I received a PM saying he preferred a check or money order, so I sent him a check. Two days later, I receive another PM telling me he sold the whole lot to someone else. Do I name names here so future buyers can steer clear of this person, or is there anything else I should do ?

Shellback 03-26-2016 08:47 AM

If he agreed to accept a check and knew you had sent it, why not name the person. Might help someone else avoid a problem. What happened to your check? If you had to stop payment, that's going to cost you money.
Looks like every post he's made is on the swap board. I guess he just uses the board for selling or buying. PS I don't call that sold out, I call that selling out from under someone.

bob1 04-01-2016 06:10 PM

Del.

3M TA3 04-01-2016 06:33 PM

Kind of curious as to what exactly the PM said. If it only said he accepted checks or money orders and nothing else then I don't see where a deal was made. Did you tell him you were sending a check? If so then I think you got hosed but if you didn't, well perhaps he didn't think you were going to do anything. That's plausible. It could have been a miscommunication too. Name the scoundrel and perhaps he'll explain his side.

last chance 04-02-2016 07:43 AM

I think it takes a low person to sell out from under you. name him.

I found a set of boat seats down in Indianapolis in a trader paper. I called him and said I would buy them and was on my way. he gave me directions to his house and I took off on the 1 1/2 hr drive. when I got there some other guy was loading them up. I asked about the seats and was told he had called after he talked to me and he got there 1st with cash in hand. he said he had no way of knowing for sure if I would even show. I told him I had said I was on my way and it would take me about an hour and a half to get there. he said oh well, they were gone. I was out the gas and time to make the trip. I was very mad but there was nothing I could do but drive back home empty handed.

you have the chance to call him out here on an open forum. I would do so. he could have sold the rest and kept the 10 that you were promised.

3M TA3 04-02-2016 12:29 PM

[QUOTE=last chance;4696674]I think it takes a low person to sell out from under you. name him.
.......you have the chance to call him out here on an open forum. I would do so. he could have sold the rest and kept the 10 that you were promised.[/QUOTE]

I take it you know more about this situation than the rest of us. I don't see anywhere in the OP that the seller promised anything. Sure would like to hear the seller respond though.

bat5 04-03-2016 09:08 AM

sold out

I am the guy you want to hear from, yes i did post the ad for the flickr shads, duckbutter responed and said he wanted 10 of them, he also requested a method of payment, i responed back to him, i wrote him i prefferd check, or money order if he wanted pp it would be $1 more. Did not hear back from him , yes i did sell them off cls ad, i than emailed duckbutter they were sold, than he emailed me 2 days later he had sent the check out. Had i been contacted by him that payment was on the way i wound have keep his out, i did not do it to make more money,i actually sold them for less. I have sent his check back, i did contact him several times.and to the ones that think i just buy things and turn around and resale them ,i do not. The things i have listed were all mine, i get rid of them to upgrade my tackle box . Any other questions you can direct them to me. Thanks for reading

ogilville 04-03-2016 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=bat5;4699658]I am the guy you want to hear from, yes i did post the ad for the flickr shads, duckbutter responed and said he wanted 10 of them, he also requested a method of payment, i responed back to him, i wrote him i prefferd check, or money order if he wanted pp it would be $1 more. Did not hear back from him , yes i did sell them off cls ad, i than emailed duckbutter they were sold, than he emailed me 2 days later he had sent the check out. Had i been contacted by him that payment was on the way i wound have keep his out, i did not do it to make more money,i actually sold them for less. I have sent his check back, i did contact him several times.and to the ones that think i just buy things and turn around and resale them ,i do not. The things i have listed were all mine, i get rid of them to upgrade my tackle box . Any other questions you can direct them to me. Thanks for reading[/QUOTE]

This shows the other side of the situation.

duckbutter 05-18-2016 08:40 PM

misunderstanding

I am the original poster. What bat5 says above is correct. I thought we had a deal, and sent him a check. I should have confirmed that with him via a PM; I did not. I have no hard feelings, and as far as I am concerned the mods can delete this post.

Juls 05-19-2016 01:30 AM

[QUOTE=duckbutter;4850937]I am the original poster. What bat5 says above is correct. I thought we had a deal, and sent him a check. I should have confirmed that with him via a PM; I did not. I have no hard feelings, and as far as I am concerned the mods can delete this post.[/QUOTE]

Since this is in the "Feedback" section....

I think it's a good idea to keep it around.

It shows that a miscommunication can easily happen, and how it might be easily avoided, simply by being more clear in an email or pm.