Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Resort Options - Fly In (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=713298)

Net_Man 06-24-2020 10:49 AM

Resort Options - Fly In

If Canada keeps the border closed for the balance of this year and if the current resort I am scheduled with will not allow roll over of my deposit till next year I will need resort options for 2021 and beyond.

Looking for fly in options if some one would have any recommendations?

Net_Man 06-24-2020 03:54 PM

Anyone booked through Showalter's fly-in this year and if yes then how are they treating you this year concerning deposits and missed reservations due to the closure?

RichA$1970 06-24-2020 04:14 PM

Lesson learned is I would roll the dice and F the deposit. Get a list of outfitters and call 1-2 weeks before you leave as they might have openings. What some are doing on keeping/spending deposits sucks.

I know a lot are carrying them over so 2021 will be packed but I am sure there are open weeks.

Bstar 06-25-2020 04:47 AM

Check out Slate Falls Outposts in Sioux Lookout. Do a search on them here on WC. Nothing but good.

jambi 06-25-2020 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=Net_Man;6456222]Anyone booked through Showalter's fly-in this year and if yes then how are they treating you this year concerning deposits and missed reservations due to the closure?[/QUOTE]

I should be at Cherrington NOW. ... Deposit rolled over to 2021

Smeds 06-25-2020 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=Net_Man;6456076]If Canada keeps the border closed for the balance of this year and if the current resort I am scheduled with will not allow roll over of my deposit till next year I will need resort options for 2021 and beyond.

Looking for fly in options if some one would have any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Clark's, perhaps? Same thing happening with us. Not looking for a refund, at all ... just a slide to 2021 of our deposit.

Net_Man 06-25-2020 08:06 AM

I am not looking for a refund either. Have our trip rescheduled for later this year due to the closure. If the border does not open to salvage a trip this year I have asked to roll the deposit in to a trip next year. They stated if the border does not re-open this year then no refund and they would not roll it over to a trip next year.

I am not looking to bash a resort over this border closure but is there only 1 resort that is not offering roll over of deposit to next year if the border does not open this summer or fall?

With the attitude of this resort I am now looking a for another Fly-In service for future trips. I have used Showalter's in the past but I wanted to confirm that they were not pulling this BS with their current customers.

danvan18$ 06-25-2020 08:15 AM

Pac

[QUOTE=Net_Man;6456076]If Canada keeps the border closed for the balance of this year and if the current resort I am scheduled with will not allow roll over of my deposit till next year I will need resort options for 2021 and beyond.

Looking for fly in options if some one would have any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Check out Pickerel Arm Camps, have been using them for 25 years. Lots of different lake options and not so strict on weight allowances.

Net_Man 06-26-2020 02:37 PM

Can any one chime in on Pickeral Arms Camp and/or Slate Falls Outpost on specifically how they are handling deposits for scheduled trips this year that will not happen due to border closure?

Are they rolling your deposit over to a trip for next year?

Your input would be appreciated.

Bstar 06-26-2020 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=Net_Man;6457348]Can any one chime in on Pickeral Arms Camp and/or Slate Falls Outpost on specifically how they are handling deposits for scheduled trips this year that will not happen due to border closure?

Are they rolling your deposit over to a trip for next year?

Your input would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Slate Falls rolled ours to next year. Great guys to work with. Verne and Ryan will take care of you.