Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do you regret getting a tattoo? (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45568)

John K 05-20-2007 02:48 PM

Do you regret getting a tattoo?

I am thinking of getting a tattoo. For those of you who have tattoos, are you still glad you got one?

Big _Don 05-20-2007 03:08 PM

RE: Do you regret getting a tattoo?

Well at the time i did'nt, but today i do. I have 2 sleeves, my back, neck, and chest all done. Several that wrapps my legs. I cover everything when i can. 20 years ago i thought it was cool, now i think i went over board. a few here and there are fine, but nothing like what i have. I get stared at all the time, people just already pin point you as a criminal, it's sad to say but they do. Your appearence is everything, even in todays job market. Just think twice where your gonna put them at. If i was to do over i would'nt get any at all and used the 20 or 25k to but a nice fishing boat alot faster in my life.

Steve B 05-20-2007 03:59 PM

I have a couple on each arm (upper area). They can be hidden with a short sleeved shirt (which I rarely wear), if I desire to do so.

I don't regret getting them. I do regret my choice of one of them, and will be looking into getting a 'cover up' tattoo over it in the near future.

biggeorge50 05-20-2007 05:25 PM

I've got 4 on my upper arms that I got in 1992. They can be almost covered by a short sleeve shirt but not quite. I don't regret them at all. In fact, I would get another if I could find the right subject matter and a good artist. BTW, I'm 59 and not a biker.

No Tats 05-20-2007 05:50 PM

Don't know if this is still the case, but used to be if you had a tattoo you would be refused if you ever wish to donate blood, or even volunteer a transfusion for a family member. That's what stopped me from ever considering a tat. G

ffishman 05-20-2007 05:53 PM

If you are serious about getting one do some research. I just finished reading an article, about a new ink being used. Looks just like the regular ink, except, if in the future you get tired of the tat, they can hit it with a laser. The ink breaks up, and is disolved harmlessly in your system.

24 hours in a day, 24 cans in a case, you do the math

skeeter 05-20-2007 06:11 PM

I had a couple tattos put on while in the service. Have never been sorry getting them and also never been refused to take my blood 37 yrs. Skeeter

Use the WALLEYE CENTRAL BUSINESS DIRECTORY "Skeeters Stuff" under marine supplies (BOAT CLEANING supplies), it really does work and so do the products.

[url]https://www.walleyecentral.com/wcdirectory/fullpage.php?ckey=29[/url]

chots 05-20-2007 07:36 PM

I hate my tatts, have one real big one and a couple smaller ones. I have had them for over 10 years now and would do anything to get rid of them but dont have the money. I am ready to get drunk and get out the sandpaper or try anything alternitivly thats cheap to get them off of me because I totally hate them. I keep thinking with new technology and the future I will someday be able to get them off at a reasonable fee. to me a tatto is like a prison sentence if you end up not wanting it they also can get very tacky, I always cover them up but grown sick of doing it every day espeacially in the summer time and I know I would get judged differently (espeacially where I work) If I didnt hide them. I just dont want to be tattoed anymore!! Dont do it, youll get old one day and it will get old as well.

moe joe 05-20-2007 08:02 PM

Had one on my chest. Paid $80 for it and 10 years later had it removed by laser for around $400. Think twice about getting one. What seems like the in thing to do now may seem completely wrong in 10 years. Could have put that $480 to better use.

Jack G 05-20-2007 09:36 PM

I have not even seen a bumper sticker I thought was worth putting op my truck.

Jack