Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   UFO’s Do You Believe (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720710)

doubleheader 02-25-2021 10:24 AM

UFO’s Do You Believe

Ok it’s still winter so humor me. I’ve believed in the possibility of UFO’s of extraterrestrial origin since stumbling on Eric von Daniken’s Chariots of the Gods back in the 70’s. More recently I became a believer after listening to the encounters of many airline pilots and former astronauts. This week there was another sighting by a commercial pilot while flying over New Mexico.
What do you think? Is there something to this, is it mass hysteria, is it secret military technology, or something else altogether?
I expect that the truth will come out in the next few years, and maybe as a result of the Mars Rover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it 02-25-2021 10:32 AM

I doubt it

Very highly unlikely it exists. At least exists on a level that they would be visiting our tiny blue planet. The universe is unimaginably large and billions of years old. Odds are greatly in favor of life elsewhere but as far as visiting our little home? I highly doubt it.

Bakefish 02-25-2021 11:15 AM

I'm still trying to understand how aliens could travel across the universe to get to our planet but turn their lights on when they get here.

djcoop52 02-25-2021 11:19 AM

NO!

Bill Krejca 02-25-2021 11:19 AM

For a long time, I have thought about the reports of strange sightings, images, sky items, etc., may be as a consequence of time travel. Why not? Long winter.

Bill

Ltrain 02-25-2021 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=doubleheader;6531218]Ok it’s still winter so humor me. I’ve believed in the possibility of UFO’s of extraterrestrial origin since stumbling on Eric von Daniken’s Chariots of the Gods back in the 70’s. More recently I became a believer after listening to the encounters of many airline pilots and former astronauts. This week there was another sighting by a commercial pilot while flying over New Mexico.
What do you think? Is there something to this, is it mass hysteria, is it secret military technology, or something else altogether?
I expect that the truth will come out in the next few years, and maybe as a result of the Mars Rover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Loved reading Von Danikens work. Some of his interpretations make more sense the what the mainstream regard as the truth.
I remember if you bought the book you received a complimentary year of enrollment to the ancient astronaut society.

Sadly i disagree and I doubt the truth would ever be revealed, way too much at stake

SGPopp 02-25-2021 11:32 AM

UFO's? Absolutely! By definition it's any airborne object that can't be identified. The Paulding Light could be an example.

Aliens? Can't say absolutely but it would be awfully arrogant for us to think we're the only form of life in the universe.

todalake 02-25-2021 01:49 PM

I read somewhere it was possible but the distance between livable planets was so great that the civilizations would be extinct by the time they traveled the millions of light years to get there. Extinct by war, climate change, meteors, etc. Think earth a couple of million years from now.

kzoofisher 02-25-2021 02:12 PM

Here's my baseline on extraterrestrial encounters - If they have the technology for interstellar travel and don't want to be seen by us they have the technology not to be seen, if they don't care whether or not we see them there wouldn't be any question about it.

Do I think there's life somewhere else in the universe and probably intelligent life, too? Sure, it's an unimaginably big universe. I just don't think the technology to travel between solar systems is possible.

ackvil 02-25-2021 02:16 PM

UFOs don't necessarily mean aliens from outer space.

My wife and I have a number of friends who are or were airline pilots going back to the days she was employed by two different airlines. Some of these pilots describe some strange incidents. The one thing that stood out to me was that not all of them were the same. And, the pilots say they have no idea what the objects are.

For example, one pilot described an incident on a flight from LAX to JFK. He said that while over New Mexico at night he observed a "bullet-like" shape approaching the port side of the airline. He said the object kept up with the flight for about 30 seconds and then took off at a rapid rate of speed and ascent. He said a few passengers reported to flight attendants seeing the same thing. He reported the incident to the air flight controller but they said they saw nothing on the radar

Another pilot said his co-pilot called his attention to what looked like a circular light hovering off to the starboard side of the aircraft. About 30 seconds later when they were closer to the object it suddenly ascended with great speed in almost an "elevator fashion."

Another pilot who works for a freight company has said he has not seen any such UFOs. However, he said about a year ago the Pentagon released three videos showing UFOs.