Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Share A Seat (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Looking to join a group in 2020 (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697264)

Davebramlett 08-11-2019 12:42 PM

Looking to join a group in 2020

Hello,

This might be a long shot but I wanted to take my son (16) on a Canadian fishing trip but did not want to go at it alone. I thought there might be a group in need of two more or perhaps another father/son looking to "hook" up. My son and I are very easy going and always wanting to pull our weight when on camping trips. I am open to a fly-in trips as well as a Drive in or Boat in.

We are coming for Arizona so we would fly into Minneapolis or International falls. We can rent a car and drive from there. Any thoughts on this? Am I crazy? Obviously, we would need access to a rental boat as well

Thanks, Dave

That Minnesota guy 08-11-2019 12:48 PM

Crazy? No, nothing wrong with what you want to do. I hopped in with 3 guys i didnít know this past summer on a drive in. From my perspective it was fun and i had a good time. The others maybe have a different opinion :laugh: but i liked it.

Davebramlett 08-11-2019 12:52 PM

Well that gives me some hope...

Thanks, Dave

bthomas3333 09-06-2019 08:33 AM

A little Early

[QUOTE=Davebramlett;6349122]Well that gives me some hope...

Thanks, Dave[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave,

I don't think you will find it difficult to find a group to join in 2020. The problem you have right now is you are a little early. The cycle tends to go Sept-Dec guys are planning and booking. Then around Jan-April guys realize they need to backfill for guys not able to go or to fill slots where guys were on the fence.

Hang a little loose opportunities will pop up.

BTW...This is a great way to make some new friends and try out a lake with guys who are familiar with the water which cuts down on search effort to find good fishing.

Brett

Davebramlett 09-06-2019 04:22 PM

Thanks for your input. I hope to "hook" up with a group in 2020

Overwatchmike 09-06-2019 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=That Minnesota guy;6349120]Crazy? No, nothing wrong with what you want to do. I hopped in with 3 guys i didnít know this past summer on a drive in. From my perspective it was fun and i had a good time. The others maybe have a different opinion :laugh: but i liked it.[/QUOTE]

And youíll NEVER be right again....!!! The flamingo guy has that affect on people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Minnesota guy 09-06-2019 08:28 PM

[QUOTE=Overwatchmike;6356390]And youíll NEVER be right again....!!! The flamingo guy has that affect on people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Some would say i'm a 1/2 bubble off anyway so maybe he moves me more towards normal??

Naw, you're right. :laugh: