Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pork Chops on the grill (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695256)

walteye 06-15-2019 01:53 PM

Pork Chops on the grill

local store had 1" bone in pork chops on sale-so I bought them!
To me-that is not going to be a breaded chop-it should be meat on the grill for Father's Day.
How about some favorite ways to grill thick Pork Chops?
Walteye

jjunge 06-15-2019 02:05 PM

If you have a smoker grill low slow and plenty of smoke. No smoker and a charcoal grill. Then start about 10 briquettes. Let them turn white. Thrown in wet and dry Hickory for a low and slow cook.

Prep work: my favorite is as follows: 1 oz each of chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, 1/2 oz of cayenne pepper, ground all spice, hot smoked paprika and 1/2 cup of sugar white or brown your choice.

Rub in spices on meat toss on grill for until internal temp is 145. Rest and then enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walteye 06-15-2019 02:20 PM

I do have a smoker that I am doing brisket on Fathers Day and I was looking for dinner tonite on the gas grill with the pork chops.
Brine/italian seasoning like chicken before grilling?
Walteye

Bobby Winds 06-15-2019 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=walteye;6331326]I do have a smoker that I am doing brisket on Fathers Day and I was looking for dinner tonite on the gas grill with the pork chops.
Brine/italian seasoning like chicken before grilling?
Walteye[/QUOTE]

Soak/marinate in Wishbone Italian Dressing an hour or more prior to grilling.

REW 06-15-2019 02:45 PM

I turn on the grill.
Sprinkle on a lot of Mesquite Mccormic seasoning
Cook the chops
Shut off the grill.
Clean the grill.

Enjoy the chops.

Be safe

p.s.
Clean the coorking grill grates when they are nice and hot and they clean easily and are ready for use the next time around.

I always use a paper towel with Crisco on the towel to coat the cooking grates with the Crisco.

goldman 06-15-2019 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6331334]Soak/marinate in Wishbone Italian Dressing an hour or more prior to grilling.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Enjoyed some this way last night. I donít know what it is about the Italian dressing, but it does chicken or pork very well. Weíve sliced yellow squash or zucchini length wise and drizzled with the Italian and grilled them too. Very good.

gmerz 06-15-2019 04:11 PM

In my mind, pork is best cooked on charcoal versus gas. I use a rub. Equal parts salt, pepper, cumin and half part garlic. While grilling, a dark beer goes best.

B-man 06-15-2019 04:12 PM

Hot grill and a couple squares of butter.

Put the raw meat on the grill, melt a square of butter on top. Season with whatever you like. Onion soup mix is killer.

Flip. Melt another square and season.

You want to heavily season when doing it this way. A lot falls off. One packet of seasoning per chop.

Don't over cook.

I do the same with beef and vension steaks. Absolutely killer

jjunge 06-15-2019 04:18 PM

Another recipe Iíve enjoyed at a friends cook out was pork chops marinated in Cherry Dr. Pepper then grilled over hot coals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martinbns 06-15-2019 09:18 PM

[QUOTE=walteye;6331318]local store had 1" bone in pork chops on sale-so I bought them!
To me-that is not going to be a breaded chop-it should be meat on the grill for Father's Day.
How about some favorite ways to grill thick Pork Chops?
Walteye[/QUOTE]

Centre cut pork chops are premium meat. Treat them like a NY strip. We eat them regularly, probably more than anything else in the summer.

I like to drizzle a little garlic infused olive oil and clubhouse seasoning, Southern BBQ, Brazil spice or Pork seasoning. Sear them then move off the heat.