Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Whats more important a nice boat or a nice truck? (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34106)

Poll 09-13-2004 07:13 PM

Whats more important a nice boat or a nice truck?

Just wondering what one you picked? I guess I will go for the truck.

Terroreyes 09-13-2004 07:36 PM

RE: Whats more important a nice boat or a nice truck?

In my case, a mile or so to the ramp, definitely the boat! If the "tow vehicle" does it's job, then I'm going as cheap as possible. I use my primered '85 Monte SS I built for a few $1000 over 10 years ago. Drive a little Saturn to work and back. If I'm going on a long trip, I rent a $20/day truck or SUV with unlimited miles. Can't beat that! You'd swear that it's a fashion show sometimes at the ramp, especially during tournaments.
[br][div align="center"][br][center][br][font color="#3300CC";font face="Roman"; size="+2"][b][br][br]Terror - [font color="red";font face="Webdings"; size="+3"]NN

Topwater 09-13-2004 07:41 PM

boat
boat
boat
boat
did i mention a nice boat is more important

Rod Holder 09-13-2004 07:52 PM

Well...I'm pulling a nice glass boat that is a 2001 with my old workhorse '94 F250 4X4 supercab diesel which has 302,000 miles on it. Gosh, it does the job. May not look so beautiful anymore but it runs and runs. All things at the right time. My brother does have a nice beautiful new 2004 Chevy truck, a gas 1500 4X4. But when gas was twenty cents more per gallon when it came time to go 265 miles north for fishing, guess which vehicle we took? Maybe the old girl has another 100K left in her. A trip north and then the running around while there puts on about a thousand miles just on a four day weekend. I drive the truck to work into a steel making plant and back home every day. New trucks begin to look old quickly. Besides, I've got college tuition bills to pay on my #2 son. Newer truck will just have to wait.

Jack G 09-13-2004 08:00 PM

They both have to be rock solid dependable and capable to do the job I intend for them to do.

If it was just a matter of appearance I guess I would go for the best looking truck first. I only use the boat about 100 days per year but I use the truck every day

Jack

well 09-13-2004 09:44 PM

Well...Umm....both

chamookman 09-14-2004 02:31 AM

Can't fish from a truck!!!!!!!!!! :) - Bob WC#253.

eyedoktr 09-14-2004 04:55 AM

Lemme see. I tow a 2004 Lund 1800 Fisherman with a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI.

I guess both matter.

Mattman 09-14-2004 05:47 AM

I pull my $30,000 boat with a $8,000 truck.

A boat is more important to me. My truck needs to work, especially this time of year. Logging roads, hauling wood, hunting, ice fishing...I'm not driving a new truck to do that. And when I'm not doing those type of things with it and just driving to work...its only 3/4 of mile to work, don't need a new truck for that either.

Did the new truck thing, enjoyed it. Did the new boat thing LOVED it.

Matt Davis

Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Otterods - High performance hand crafted fishing rods.

Burr ND 09-14-2004 06:45 AM

Well, a truck is more important - it is what takes me to work and allows income to be generated - to buy a boat. That being said - the truck just has to be reliable and maintained. That does not necessarily mean new. My truck - 1988 - with 482,000 miles. My boat - 1999. Truck sits outside, boat is stored inside.

If my truck breaks down - I can pull over to the side of the road and pull out my cell phone and credit card - problem fixed. If my boat breaks down on the water - could be really bad. I don't like to swim when I fish.

So the boat is newer, I spend more money on the boat, but the truck is more important. Boat's a toy, trucks a tool.