Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Humminbird ChartSelect LiveShare Map Sharing
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Minnow

Default Humminbird ChartSelect LiveShare Map Sharing

Hello Walleye Central Community,

I am wondering if the Humminbird users are aware of the map sharing site that Humminbird has launched? It has been up for some time but I am not seeing a lot of activity on it. I recently updated the software on the Helix and brought the memory card in so I could post my map data.

I was originally hesitant to post the data but then realized that I have been some places where my data would help a fellow boater possibly avoid hazards and find safe travel corridors, specifically Lac Seul Ontario. I am heading back up in June and am looking for fellow fisherman that are willing to share the mapping data they may have acquired on their trips. The map share is free to use.

The sharing does not include waypoints but will show the map data of everywhere you recorded data. So you will be able to tell what resort was used, the paths traveled, and any structure that was mapped out. You are also able to edit what files you want to share and those that you don’t. After thinking about it for awhile I came to the conclusion that it was better to share and hopefully prevent a potential catastrophe. At the time I posted my data only one other fisherman had shared data for the Seul.

So, if you have been to Lac Seul and have mapping data that you would be willing share please take a look at the site. You can view the data I already posted without creating a login. Go to https://chartselect.humminbird.com . Select the AutoChart LiveShare in the middle of the page and then navigate to Lac Seul. The default on the map is meters so click in map settings and change it to feet.

Thanks for reading the post and hopefully we can begin to build a better map of Lac Seul.