Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - VST filter change
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 06:05 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5921mack View Post
Took my motor in and had it checked out by certified Yamaha tech. An 07 that was starting to make a some funny sounds. Tech said I needed a new balancer and while it was apart might as well put a new timing belt on, new VST filters and check the water pump for wear. Estimate was $750.00 for parts and $600.00 for labor. ($115.00 per hour) Seems like a lot of money to me, but figured I had the engine for 10 years and it is 13 years old it beats the cost of a new engine. Spent more than that on 2 locators so I figured it was a good investment. Any thoughts?
Seems about in line with what i said i paid a couple posts up. I saved some money getting my own balancer on a deal and paid little less per hour labor.
That seems like a correct estimate. Don't sleep on that balancer, if it's whining already its going bad, if it goes so does your powerhead. 1300 in maintenance vs 16000 for a new motor- I'm doing the maintenance .
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel