Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Buying out of state boat
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 07:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reclending View Post
The frustration really comes in when you get different answers on the same rule, from different people in the same office. The average State of County worker does not understand dry weight VS GVWR.
I had to show your post to my wife. She worked at a Deputy Registrars office for 13 years before she retired. Michigan may be different, but in MN about a third of the registrars offices are private businesses like the one she worked at, so the workers are not State or County workers. She makes no attempt to explain, justify or excuse the strange and bizzar rules and regulations that states enact to confuse the people on both sides of the transaction.
While there are a few part timers where she worked that only handled drivers license and tab renewals, the rest of the people working there handle so many commercial truck and trailer registrations where GVWR is one of the primary aspects of the transaction, to say they don't know the difference between dry weight and GVWR would be like saying the majority of the people in your business don't understand the difference between simple vs compound interest.