Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - GPS for the truck?????
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomn View Post
WOW! Seems to be easy to use, easy to read, and most of all, easy to understand the data... I think I will be happy with it.
Easy to use, that is what sells them without any work.

TBO I show folks GPS units all the time. I let them tell me there needs and a I set up a few demo's for them to tinker with. The often say they have never used one or seen one....so All I do is tell them it's a touch screen...and turn them loose. They soon weed out models that are too much work to navigate, or have confusing menus. More often than not they narrow it down to the Garmins in the first 2 minutes.

I remember a certain precious gall, whom happens to be in her 80's, who came in with here daughters and granddaughters to look at road GPS units....for her Granddaughter.

After 5 minutes tinkering with several models, and here slapping her daughters and grand daughters hands to keep away from her screen..... she told me..."Not sure what all the fuss is about..see...there is nothing to these things". She bought herself a Garmin ...and one for here daughters...and granddaughters.

No selling required there. LOL!

Last edited by Backwater Eddy; 08-29-2008 at 02:10 AM.