Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Question : April fishing on Rainy River
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkycat View Post
Birddog...... how much of a zoo is it on the water? Is it really that packed full of boats? Do you feel like you need to know all the other fisherman personally because it feels like your all sitting in the same boat? Can you really walk from shore to shore with out getting your feet wet? You get my drift (no pun intended) but I was thinking of heading up to Rainy this year. Never been there before as we always head to the Missouri river in Bismarck but the last few years with the water being so high and murky that the fishing does not get good until the first part of May. I need an open water fix earlier than May if possible. Thanks for your feedback!
It's not much of a zoo, you'll see one or two areas with 10-15 boats, but the river is huge, and has plenty of great walleye spots. After opener, I hardly see any boats on the american side, and a few here and there on weekends.

If you wanna come here though come out, it's some of the best fishing you'll ever see, especially in spring/fall. Bass fishing though is great all year.

I'll be out the first day I can get the boat out, which looks like 2 weeks or so. Then it's on!!!

Shoot me a pm if you need any other info, tips, water levels etc. I live 300 yards from the river so I always know whats going on here