Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - 2008 alumacraft classic 165 cs vs 2008 lowe fm 165
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Wallhanger

I have a 2008 Lowe FM175DC and have no complaints after 7 years of modest beatings and regular use on Lake Erie and Canadian lake trips. My only regret is the very light gray carpet that always looks dirty, but the boat and Karavan trailer have held up well outside of a few typical maintenance items like gas tank sensor, tach just started acting up this fall, some carpet wear, and loose plywood floor joint that needs couple screws. It runs nice down the lake and handles chop well for its length. I would consider another Lowe in the future if I don't go bigger than their FM185. I've also been impressed with Alumacraft every time I've seen one. I picked Lowe for reasonably high quality and price in 208 as Lund's and A's were many 1000's more $ and I had a home budget with kids (plural)college tuition. Trade in mattered nothing compared to getting in the water sooner rather than later. Always dreamed of a new boat, but discovered that with patience, a newer used boat can be quite the better deal.