Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - How Is Your Deer Hunting Going This Year?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportdog View Post
I wish that I could say that mine has been going well but that would be less than truthful. Last year was not kind to me and this year seems to be following suit. My confidence is not at a high level though but I'll keep plugging away.
Deer hunting isn't just about the kill....... I have to keep reminding myself! Lol!!!
Been awful this year in WNY! Yes some doe and young bucks have passed by but no shooters seen during the day, many at night though on the cameras. One nice 10 that we had on the camera was jacked during bow season and we think we know who did it. The DEC is investigating it and we think at least some citations or maybe an arrest is forthcoming. With this warm weather, we will be breaking records this weekend while in the 60's, and plenty of food there is no reason for these deer to move around. The lack of hunter pressure is also contributing. Opening weekend was down 11% VS. last year and overall the season which ends on the 22nd won't be good. I'm also wondering about the coyote pressure? Seeing many of them on cameras at night. Going to try hunting them right after our deer season ends.
Lowrance HDS-12 Gen 3
Lowrance HDS-12 Carbon w/3 in 1
Lowrance Outboard Pilot w/Remote
Lowrance VHF Link-8
TrollMaster Pro 2
Fish Hawk X4
Cisco Tracks, Masts & Rod Holders