Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Lac Seul Reports?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IaDave14 View Post
Just curious why you trailer to Lac Suel and not fish Minnitaki. From 2001-2007 it was great fishing but the last few times I have gone it is not even close to what it was. It could be me as I always go the spots I did before. Heading to Red Pine the end of August so maybe time to look for new spots. I'm considering hiring a guide the first day.
I do fish Minnitaki, Abram, Pelican and Big Vermillion when I'm there also and all of them are great, but I love those 100 fish days on Lac Seul as well as the scenery. You can do that too on the other lakes, but it's not an almost every day thing like Lac Seul is. Hey, even 50 fish days are better than what I usually get down here. I do try to learn different spots all of the time because the popular spots get hammered by the resorts. Even up there a guy has to move around a little. Over the past 27 years I have seen hot spots be good then cool off for a few years and then come back again. We'll be heading up again in late August or early September, so let's keep in touch. Maybe we'll be up there at the same time. When are you going in August? I don't have a reservation for then yet.