Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Tournament cheating?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Keeper

Angry yes some cheat/they get caught or talked about for the rest of life/nobody forgets

some best cheats that we have seen are same as mentioned
1.The Fish basket
But the interesting one i caught onto was a 13 yr old fished with his dad until about 9:30 in the morning and than his registered partner showed up and switched out the child.I informed the others involved in the weigh in that the switch was made without a real close watch and to see how they did at weigh in.
At the way in they were not in the top 10 or money but just outside of it.When i asked the child who caught the big walleye they had[4lbs.]he said the registered partner caught it.
I questioned him further out of curiosity and asked where he caught it.
The answer was diamond lake
this tournament was on green

Another winner of this tournament quite a few years earlier was reported to use a fish basket

I kicked 2 teams out for actually fighting in a tournament ,banging boats,hitting with a full swing holding rod tip end and contacting the other boater etc.we did a 200 person involved vote and kicked them out.

the winner of the largest purse tournament ever held here fished in US Fish And Wildlife restricted waters[no motor's],went over a pair of fenced area that was protecting silt from getting in lake as a fishing pier was being erected.
The others in the tournament did not object and none other than myself were aware of this area being off limits.They were all from out of the area.That next week i voiced to tournament heads about this.The next year they made it known that this area is off limits.was that cheating or lack of information as to limit.Do you cross two areas with silt fence go into area marked or what??

The best sporting move I have made was in an alexandria tournament where my partner and myself threw the winning fish back into the water because it was not a mouth hook catch,but late set and snagged
That one hurt but we both feel good about it now.
As far as a team weighing in a limit of smallmouths/we have caught as many as casting time allows in one tournament prefish.I think it was over 40 fish in one hour so that may be possible.

win or lose it is about being accountable in your actions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	497.4 KB
ID:	20473