Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - First boat purchase ever. Could use some advice
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 10:20 PM
Keeper

My 2c - Get the 18'r you will not regret it. As for the motor max HP is best if budget allows. Depending on your fishing style bowmount 24v will do again if budget allows 36v. If you go with lowrance bowmount will be motorguide and minn-kota for hummingbird. Largest screen budget allows, not an issue for blindspots as you will soon find out. Being in Ottawa i am sure you will have a marine shop nearby for service of witch ever motor you pick. Do not go with old style steering, pick budget allowing new steering that manufacturer options. Bunk trailer is a lot more user friendly than roller by any means. My last boat i installed my own electronics 10 yrs ago with help from WC and a few other sites, at the age of 56 i was debating but after all these years i am glad i did. As for the seats i would just order with the captain chairs up front as upgrading to smooth seats or others is a simple bolt on option. Full windshield, bimini top helps on those cold mornings and windy days. Being in Ottawa i would go next door and get a Princecraft love the setup and style( i own 18' Crestliner). This is just my opinion and not wanting to engage in one is better than the other. If you ever come west look me up in Calgary and i will take you out for a day or two on an 18' Crestliner to help you in your decision making. I think i have said a bit to much already good luck on your decisions...Chico...