Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - First boat purchase ever. Could use some advice
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 10:18 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdiddy View Post
Thanks for stopping in, I appreciate the info.

I have always wanted to go with the full windshield, so no worries there.

I have read conflicting reports on the stainless prop. Some people say they aren't worth it on a smaller boat, others can't live without them. What about them make all the difference in the world to you?

On your 1775 and 1875 what is the longest rod you can store in the onboard rod storage, when in the rod locker or on the stow and go rod holders? I fish musky and have some 8.5' and one 9' rod.

Thanks for your time
Good questions.

Sorry, cant give you rod length info on the 1775 since i no longer own it and dont remember.
The 1875 center rod box is what Lund quotes. The stow and go holders on the sides will easily stow long Musky rods. Make sure you order the Stow and Go option!

Props…. Ok, here is what I discovered.

Stainless gives you a much better overall connected feel, kinda hard to explain until you have experienced both props. Stainless is a must for 150hp and over and a nice to have between 70 and 115hp.
The Stainless 4 blade Spitfire on the 1775 allowed the boat to accelerate better without cavitation, did not blow out in the turns and a couple more mph in speed.
The 1875 3 blade Tempest stainless had the same improvements as mentioned above. I was going to try the 4 blade Rev 4 on the 1875 just for kicks but since I am going to sell my 1875 Impact I decided to hold off on that. I’m upgrading to a Warrior for the big Great Lakes water.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

FN

PS, what ever boat you get, buy the mobile vessel view kit that enables you to get full engine data on your phone. Well worth the few hundred bucks. Super plug and play type of installation.

Last edited by FlyNorth; 09-13-2021 at 10:22 AM.