Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Time to let my little buddy go...
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 06:36 AM
Wallhanger

No worries. Emotional time that's for sure.

When my Vet saw his sores, she assured us we were doing the right thing, and at the right time as well. His sores were from Cushings Disease, which when coupled with Diabetes, is very difficult to treat.

So..... I made sure he had a nice meal before we left (we sat on the front stoop for a good long while too). I took the long way to the vet so he could hang his head out the window for a while longer. And then I held him the entire time in the Dr's office until he was sedated (we made sure he could see us the entire time, too). Once he was gone, we wrapped him in his favorite blanket, gently laid him in his box, placed his favorite toy in there with him, and secured the lid. I drove home and put him in the ground and covered him up. We have a small, simple stone with his name on it that should be here in a couple wks. I took his collar off and hung it on a hook in the garage. And I put his tag on a small chain, and hooked it in my truck cab.

He was a very good dog. A real "simple" kind of little guy. Nothing ever bothered him. Man did he annoy me when it was 95° out and he ALWAYS had to be leaning up against me when I was sitting on the couch.... I think I will miss that this summer.

Thanks to all for letting me lean on you all a little. I know so many of you have been through worse, and many more times than I have.