Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Time to let my little buddy go...
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

Default Absolutely yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
Hard to tell, but our younger dog seems a little down. Do you think he knows his pal is gone for good? It's only been 24 hours...
Animals mourn. They are not dumb and they can sense your mindset through body language and demeanor far more than most realize.

Years ago one of our barn cats got hit on the road in front of the house. I picked her up in a shovel and sat the shovel down while I went for another shovel to dig with. In the few minutes I was gone the rest of the barn cats appeared and were setting there sniffing and staring at the dead cat. That was when I really became aware of animals mourning and or understanding.

Hope you're OK.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."