Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Who replaced your Lund transom?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodakaD View Post
The nice lady at Lund corporate I talked to said that the estimated time for the repair would be 32 hours. Their shop rate is $120/hour. I questioned the 32 hour estimate, and she said that was a generic time estimate based on a boat the size of mine. I thought it seemed high based on the fact that I have corner caps where the transom and gunnel intersect and there would be no grinding, welding, and repainting involved. I appreciate all the responses.

I have a thread on my Crestliner transom replacement. 32 hours is probably pretty close for a dealer to do it. I had considerably more than that into mine, but I was figuring stuff out as I went.

It's not an easy job, and is very time consuming. I was quoted locally "between $2,500 and $3,500, maybe more - won't know until I'm done" so I decided to do it on my own. I ended up spending about $550 on marine plywood, west systems epoxy, misc supplies, and motor lifting eye from Amazon. I had about 45-50 hours into it when it was all said and done.