Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Towing a Lund Pro V 2075 vs Ranger Reata 1850
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 08:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcrown View Post
I’m trying to determine what the Ranger Reata 1850 feels as far as towing behind a Ford F-150. Recently, I’ve experienced towing my friends Lund Pro V 2025 behind a Silverado 2500. I have only one thing to say. It’s awful. It’s a heavy boat with a 300 HP merc and kicker. I’m getting older and it’s too much for me. Looking for comparability since I’m considering a Ranger Reata. Also, how does the Ranger Reata toe versus the Lund Pro V 1800 or 1875? All input appreciated.
I don't know about the Silverado but I tow a 202GL with a 150 King Ranch. I did make sure to get the towing package rated for 10K and it tows just fine. Sometimes I can find myself on the highway over 70MPH and not know it is there until I get some sway from a faster moving semi passing me. I towed it with an escalade and did not like it due to the shorter wheelbase and air ride. I also towed a 2025 with the Escalade and I hated it. I think the Silverado is on the same frame as the escalade. I could not be more pleased with the Ford, almost purchased a 250 worried about it but glad I did not.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes