Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Holinshead Lake
Thread: Holinshead Lake
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 07:19 AM
Keeper

I’ve been up to Holinshead for the last 8 years. Greg and Charlene and some of the best people I've ever met and, by far, the hardest working camp owners you can find. The cabins are impeccable and the boats are very well maintained. The walleye fishing is pretty straight-forward, most are caught simply by vertical jigging minnows. Greg has 8 hot spots marked by GPS and buoys, but there are dozens of other places on the lake. As Fishman10 stated, you can only keep 2 walleye and 2 northern per day and no walleye over 18” may be kept (I believe the limit on northern is 27”). My favorite spot is the reef in the middle of the lake and Treasure Island always produces in the evening. Most walleye are in the 15-16” range, but 24+ are not uncommon. Make sure you take and afternoon off and go bear baiting with Greg. I have plans to be there the first week of August, but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen.