Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Will this SS3D/HDI Transducer Mounting Work?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 09:46 AM
Wallhanger

It looks pretty good to me.

I'd say the SS3D is pretty much bang on where you want it height wise, you might have to experiment a bit with the tilt angle. You'll likely have to trim up the big motor a bit to get full sonar coverage on the port side.

I'd say your HDI is mounted a little low right now, I think you'll have a pretty big rooster tail and a lot of drag. I can see why you did it to try and compensate for the strake. I'm not sure how that strake will affect things, it might cause some problems, but with where the HDI is placed now, you might be OK. Without the strake, I'd say you could move it up almost a 1/4", maybe even a bit more and still be OK. At any rate, I think you're at a good starting point, but I'd expect to have to do a little trial and error to get it dialed in perfectly. It wouldn't really surprise me if you had to add another transducer board and move the HDI away from that strake and over in line with your other bunk to get a really good 2D signal at speed. I don't think that would cause you too much grief in terms of your 2D overlay or Fish Reveal, you'd still be within about 12-14" by the look of it.

Waxy