Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Suggestions on Tonneau Covers
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 08:37 AM
Wallhanger

I used to have a truxedo. The Velcro started not sticking together after awhile. For an area that far north. I would look at the hard three or four piece folding covers. Way nicer getting the snow off of instead of the soft covers. You are not going to always have it inside when it is snowing. Same as any of the roll n lock type products in bigger snow areas. Think about trying to roll it up with ice and snow stuck on it. Also think about maybe just getting a regular truck cap. I went with a ARE brand on my Ford one ton. Unless you are going to be setting real tall stuff onto the back of the truck. The truck caps do have some nice advantages. Easier to pile more stuff in. Tall coolers fit easy. Should be more waterproof then any folding- rolling covers. As far as keeping dry luggage in back. Allot of the sides of newer trucks are two high to reach stuff in the bed anyways. As far as not having to crawl up to the front to grab something. That would be an advantage with the fold up covers. If you are tall enough to grab stuff from the sides. With a pickup truck and walleye type boat. You really just have to practice backing up the trailer with mirrors. Instead of looking threw the back window anyways.I do agree with 3m about the bedrugs are nice. On my one ton a have a piece of plywood in the bed. Nice if you are going to have a pallet set on at the store and slid in with a forklift. I would get a spray on bed liner either way. If you keep your trucks along time.

Last edited by Snowking; 10-14-2021 at 08:43 AM.