Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Opinions on 18-19' fish and ski
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 11:37 AM
Minnow

I have a couple of months of use on my new Alumacraft Competitor FSX 185 and so far I really like it. This is probably considered a fish and ski model, but has everything I have always wanted, and then some. Of course I max'd out motor sizes and other accessories that added quite a bit to the boat price, but as I am in my mid-50's I hope and expect that this will be my last boat. Fits in garage with about 2 inches to spare on each end. Very happy with my Suzuki's, was considering Yamaha's (which I had on my old boat) but thought I would try Suzuki. Also glad I max'd out the Minnkota Terrova to 36 volt and 72 inch shaft as well. 2 Humminbirds on console, 1 on bow.
It has a full windshield and swim ladder. Has built-in cooler in addition to a lot of storage. The front rod holder will handle 8 footers. My 8 foot 6 inch trolling rods lay on the floor when travelling, but no big deal. Two biggest luxuries over my 15 year old boat would be going from Gen2 to Gen4 Helix's and the Autopilot and Spotlock on the Minnkota. As they say, game-changer !!