Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Power for Terrova 24v
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Minnow

Default Power for Terrova 24v

Need to put power to my Terrova 80lb with iPilot on my new Pro Guide 1825. The boat should be here in about a week so I'm trying to pull everything together that I need to rig it when it arrives. I need to get an onboard charger set up as well as a 24 volt battery set up using batteries that will fit in the Pro Guide bow compartment. Do I need size 34 or 31? Which will fit? Should I go with a specific brand of AGM battery or does that really matter? I am looking at a Minn Kota 10/10/10 charger for the boat and I have easy access to power on the dock at the cottage so would it be a bad thing to go out a fish for 3-4 hours, return to the cottage, plug in the charger for the afternoon let's say, and then hit water in the evening to fish for another 3-4 hrs? Would this shorten the lifespan of AGM batteries? I can see myself using the spot lock feature on the Terrova a lot where I fish so could I realistically expect to get 8 hrs of fishing out of a good set of AGM batteries without charging inbetween? Not sure what to do and I don't want to get caught short on power.