Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Cleaning Up Stern Wiring
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:58 PM
Keeper

Well, I haven't been posting because I've been busy working in the shop. I'm not quite done yet, but I'm almost there. Which is good because the ice is going to come off my lake any day now and I want to do some on the water testing. Anyways, I thought I'd post some picture of my progress. Hmmm. Where to start?

The battery and its charger were located under the splash well. I debated moving the battery in this thread due to long-standing issues with being stern heavy. I had decided to leave the battery alone, as moving it seemed to be quite complicated to rewire in a different location. But as I continued through the project, it became apparent that there was a lot of additional outboard wiring coiled up under the splash well. By relocating/cleaning up wiring in the splash well, I had enough cable on the 300 to relocate the battery to the TM battery storage between the front seats. The 9.9 kicker required an additional 12" to be spliced in (so close). But as it was only 8 gauge wire and I had all the tools for the job, it was a simple task. I'm stoked to move the 60lb battery forward six feet. Incidentally, I have 360lbs of batteries on my boat!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0976.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	453.4 KB
ID:	309414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor Wires 1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	555.0 KB
ID:	309416   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cranking Battery Moved.jpg
Views:	76