Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Fender Questions - Taylor Low Freeboard Fenders
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 08:16 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Paul View Post
Had a set and did not like them because of how they hooked over the gunnel you were limited where you could tie them. If you wanted to tie them to a cleat on the boat most of the time the end with the line would touch the cleat making little or no room to attach to the cleat, and if you wanted to lower it to protect a lower spot on the boat you ran into more issues. Just get normal bumpers and like a garage get larger sizes than you think you need
Thanks. I can picture exactly what you are talking about. We already have older round regular fenders from our last boat. With these, I am thinking of using the Lund fender hanger strap and button to secure them to the Sport Trak. I would not be attaching them to a cleat. I have the 90 degree sport trak and a lot wider gunnels then the picture shows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fender hanger strap button.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	297633  
Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N
Helix 10 Chirp GPS G2N