Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - TERRIBLE anxiety!!! Really appreciate help/ideas.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Please tell me that you have a cap on the back of your truck...
Yes

Back in 2010 I didn't have a cap, but I had made a kennel by sandwiching 1/8" plywood over 1/2" styrofoam. My old Springer loved her house. But that trip we stayed at a farmhouse that didn't have a porch or garage, and dogs were not allowed in the house. It was the 1st weekend in Dec, so it was cold. Well my springer and my Cousin's Lab decided to play tug-o-war with a skunk, what a mess. We had to try and clean her the best we could in the field, but Labs dry WAY better than Springers. Next morning I got up early to get her going and she was shivering and shaking, and still smelled to hi heaven. I mixed up her food and started the truck to heat her up in it. When I came back to the rear of the truck she was laying on the ground having fallen off and dislocated her shoulder. To make a long story short, her hunting days were basically over from that point, 6 yrs old and she was done, in her prime!

Yes we either have a cap on the truck or they go in the porch or garage at the farmhouse. This past trip I opened the back of the truck and unzipped her kennel and it was actually warm air that hit me, those kennel covers are remarkable.