Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Password manager
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 08:51 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseline View Post
I use the Norton password manager. It allows you to have a unique complicated password for all your accounts and website registrations. There is always a chance of a hacker, but it is far less of a chance with Norton than sites like Walleye Central or retail establishments. Most people still have one or two passwords that they use for banking and other accounts. Once a password is obtained the hackers start working on your other accounts. Having a unique password for all you accounts and site registrations prevents this. Besides if you don't have confidence in Norton their would be no reason to purchase their services.
I believe there is truth in that statement. Personally, I have different usernames and passwords for every one of my financial accounts and change the passwords at least annually. It is possible to manage a large number of different security credentials without exposing them to hackers- just store them on something that cannot be accessed by a network.