Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Trip report - Kearns Lake with Thousand Lakes Outposts
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishfearme View Post
I've never been to loganberry - best of luck and please post a report when you get back - I've heard mixed results for loganberry from one group we replaced at kearns. if it's half as good as kearns (lake and cabin) you'll have a nice trip.

"downriver" at kearns means going north - out to stonehouse lake where Dwayne also has a cabin. loganberry is upstream of kearns to the south (maybe south west). we went as far as the rapids that exit a very small lake after the outlet of loganberry. the grew river is more of a creek by our definitions in PA but this year the water is quite high and it's flowing pretty good - but it would still be extremely difficult to get from one lake to the other.

at kearns, at least half the lake is 30ft deep or over so we find walleye and pike on the numerous shallow rocky reefs and shorelines - this year the inlet and outlet channels provided excellent walleye - whereas in our provious trip the reefs were best. best depths on kearns - 8 to 12 feet - but got some deeper and shallower - one bay had only 8-9 ft max depth but LarryS and his sister got over about 200 pike and walleye there over a two day window.

we pretty much used 3inch1/4 ounce twister tails in white or yellow (color makes no real difference) and crawlers and leeches - did about the same on either.

hope this helps
phish
Phishing I am interested if you have ever fished stonehouse? Our group prefers a deluxe cabin and would be interested in thousand lakes and stonehouse as I dont think we would have the 6 min for kearns
Cheers
Gordy