Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Minneapolis/Twin Cities Lakes (newbie)
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 09:49 AM
Slot Fish

I fished Harriet and Calhoun all the time from 2007 to around 2017 in my kayak. I think I got maybe 5 or 6 walleyes in that time from open water, but ice fishing for them was amazing. Getting a limit of eaters was usually not a problem in December and January, and once in a while you got a 27" or a 29". If you look at the stocking reports you'll see they've significantly reduced efforts. The last time Harriet got a good stocking was 2014 (2500 fingerlings), and you can bet those have all been caught by now. Looks like they put in 1800 in 2019 and 1700 in 2020, so it'll be a year or three before those are of any size. Gone are the days of putting in two or three thousand each year. I noticed fishing pressure ramped up significantly when I moved away in 2017 which meant lots more anglers competing for fewer fish. I went back for some ice fishing in 2019 but after getting skunked twice (the only times that has ever happened on Harriet) I decided I could get skunked on waters closer to home. I'm sure they are still in there but it probably takes some work to figure them out.