Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - 1600 Fury Tiller w. 40 Yamaha - prop?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_mb View Post
Hi guys,

Looking to re-power a Fury 1600 Tiller and I'm wondering what size prop I should be looking into. Likely will end up with a 40hp Yamaha (four stroke) and all I could come up with was this thread from the archives - https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums.../t-195798.html, was a bit inconclusive other than pointing out that the 13" pitch left a bit to be desired in terms of top end, likely revving a bit low (?). I'm hoping for results with 11", 12" and 13" pitch stock aluminum props - anybody have any experience?

Thanks,
- Rob
I running an F40 on a 2001 Lund Rebel 1650-V tiller . I believe it's a slightly heavier boat than a Fury 1600 by about 200 ish lbs. I settled on an 11p ,which gives me 30mph right at 6000rpm,with very good low end and easy to plane even with 3 people. I had tried a 13p for grins to see if could get any better top, but did not. All it did was make it a dog out of the hole and slow to get to top speed. Don't remember what WOT RPM was ,but pretty sure was way short of 6K.

Since the Fury is lighter, (I think) .. I would guess a 12p about right. I don't get the idea that the 13 would do much better on a Fury than on a Rebel-V ,it was a dog. An 11p ,would get you up and running quick,but may be a bit low for that boat and would likely often put you up against the rev limiter. On the other hand, if you are always loaded heavy with gear and people, may still be a good option. That all being said, may be best to call around to some Lund dealers and take a poll on what they like for that setup, or even Lund directly.

If T-Mac sees this, he also could have some experienced insight.