Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Fastest 20 foot walleye boat hull? 250HP
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 02:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
I was thinking about this question a few days ago. I was also going to post it.
I retire in about 8.5 years and plan to get a retirement boat. For the most part I like to cruise around at 35-40mph but I do like to crank it up when the situation calls for it. I want to fish more bass tournaments when I retire so a 250hp will be max for me. My buddy has a 2014 620 with a 250 verado and a 9.9 kicker. He can consistently get 58-61 out of it without a jack plate. When I had my zv18 it would do 50mph, maybe 52 on a good chop. I would always get smoked leaving in the morning for a bass tournament then when the wind kicked up those bass boats didn't dare keep up with me. From all my research when I was contemplating going with a 20ft boat the triton 206 hull and the yarcraft 209 were the fastest with a 250hp. I have never ridden in either of those two but I think research also showed that the ranger had the best ride out of any of them. So for me, I think a 60mph boat with an amazing ride would probably trump a 62-65mph boat with a not so great ride.
I was also considering buying a used bass boat and keeping my G3 185 angler for multispecies days but I am sick of maintaining two boats and multiple engines. I am thinking a do-all ultimate multispecies will probably be the ticket!
If you plan to fish with two men on the front deck you might look at the shape of some front decks.