Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Humminbird MEGA Live debut ...
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 10:10 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post
For us that already have a full boat network of Johnson outdoor products, this is just plug and play which is great. I think it's awesome they have it compatable with the G3Ns which are now a generation old. I agree, the detail isn't as good as what I've seen from the Livescope stuff but I don't have to completely upend my boat and electronics to install it either. The better questions is where and when can we actually buy one?

Wholeheartedly agree. But the rumblings around the inter webs were this thing was going to have “Oculus” like images due to the transducer appearance having similarities. I think it’s evident that this is not the case. I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat myself, if you have compatible equipment with any of the live imaging setups, go that route 100%. If you’re needing to purchase a MFD for the live setup, pick your favorite or most cost effective.

Competition in the market is good for all of us as long as prices don’t go even crazier than they already have.