Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - How to drive in big water
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdworker View Post
One more thing I thought of that I do religiously anymore: I always clip my engine kill/cutoff cord to myself when driving, regardless of conditions. When I first got my boat, it didn't even have a cord connected to the kill switch. After going over the scenarios of what would happen if I somehow came out of the drivers seat, if I hit a big wave, or hit a large submerged log, ect. If that happened, and you lost your seat and hit the floor, your throttle would stay exactly where you left it (in my boat anyway). You could imagine what could happen, possibly the steering is turned hard over to one direction, throttle still open, and you couldn't get up, or worse you were tossed from the boat. Anyway, I always clip the cutoff cord to myself, even in calm conditions.
I didn't mention that, because that's supposed to be a "given". Everyone should always be tethered to the kill switch when you're on plane, in any weather....always.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112