Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - SD Pheasant Hunting Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Wallhanger

To all that don't know if you come in late November I would suggest leaving your 5 shot at home. Buy some 4 shot of your favorite brand, I like federals prairie storm because every box I buy a donation goes to pheasants forever. You are going to want the punch of a 4 shot to kill the bird.
Bring chokes, you may need as much as a full depending on how much the birds have been hunted

And AIM HIGH. These late birds might be flying low at this time. Be careful with your shot selection. We don't need dogs shot or anybody shot. I've been shot, I don't like it. I get very P.O. and by the time I'm done yelling (and i will be 3" from your face) someone's feelings are hurt and their rear has a boot in it. There is no need for that type of shooting nonsense.

Remember to have fun, respect the birds and those you hunt with

Last edited by Gregking; 09-19-2013 at 10:20 AM.