Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Bow Mount 360 on Ranger FS or other Deep V?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 05:28 AM
Charter Member

Just a heads up to the OP. I have 3 friends who have recently bought Garmins with Livescope. They all love them! One friend sold 3 Lowrance units and replaced them with all Garmin. The other 2 friends bought the Garmins with Livescope and put them up front, but kept their Humminbirds at the helm. One said if he was made to choose only having 1 unit, he would choose the Livescope. Another fellow always claimed he local lake was fished out. With the Livescope he has been having a ball,finding fish he never knew were there. They all have the Livescope transducer mounted on a "stick" rather than the trolling motor. With the stick they can spin the transducer around keeping track of the fish without having to move the trolling motor as they usually have it in anchor mode. I have fished with 2 of them, and they never had to mess with any settings during the day, so I don't think having to learn a new "brand" would be an issue. I would strongly urge you to look at the Garmin Livescope! I'd love to have one, but unfortunately I can't get out fishing enough for the $$ investment.