Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Fishing partner group interest?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 06:41 AM
Minnow

Everything keeps going right, I'll be living in the Winnecone area by mid spring. Always hated the city, and now I have the opportunity to get out of here. Looking at places around Boom Bay area, but still a little early to tell. I'll be getting the boat ready in mid March, last year I started going up April 7th. For now my trips are mostly last minute departures. Once bills are paid, and theres a nice reserve, I just grab the dog n go. 90% of my things stay packed all the time, so it's easier. Only problem with being self employed, is fighting that urge to stay on the water extra days...
I have a 1981 Smokercraft 18.5, 65HP
She's almost as old as me, and smokes even more, but reliable and tough. For the money I have in it, I couldn't be happier. I've also been told by locals up there, that it is the perfect river boat for that area. Just wish I could find a reasonably priced 80-90HP for her. She will do 30mph, but when I have 1 or 2 guys and the dog, plus gear, it's hard to get on plane.
I'll post once in a while, just so this thread stays active.
PS I'd love to get out ice fishing for some eyes or WB. I watch Larry Smith on YouTube, and learn a little here n there, but I've never been out on the ice, and have no equipment. If anyone is interested in possibly getting a guide for a day or 2, get on the ice, let me know.
Spring can't come fast enough.
My brother lives on Nippersink Creek, near Rustic Harbor Marina. He just picked up a sled and shack for on the ice, with some used equipment. But, we have never been out. So, if anyone has ice fished the Chain, I have access to free equipment use, just need some guidance.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191210-071745_Gallery_1575985286037.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	314152