Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Storing boats with lithium batteries in cold climates
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 08:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post
That's what I originally thought, Bob, and though I have no real background in this stuff, it made sense to me. But I've definitely been focusing on LiFePO4 batteries (specifically 100Ah 12V Deep Cycle LiFePO4 batteries for marine use), and the numbers I stated above are definitely what the manufacturers have to say about minimum storage temperatures, not minimum discharging or charging temperatures.

From Battle Born:

From RELiON/Tracker:

So I'm hoping you and other folks here can help me work through the questions I asked.

Gerry
Those are the numbers. What the marketing and stated stats are from individual companies is going to very. If you tell company "A" that company "B" says about there battery says theirs is ok in colder temp the will then tell you theirs will do the same so they don't lose a sale. Maybe you, as a scientist should read the technical white papers out there to get the real story.