Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Mille Lacs 6/13- 6 /27
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 03:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default Mille Lacs 6/13- 6 /27

So we have just returned from our summer vacation from Mille Lacs. While a great time was had by all the fishing was not exactly lights out as I was hoping but it was steady. First off Mn. Is experiencing a big drought, the lake was down 2+ft , and its running about 3 weeks ahead of normal. And then there was the Mayfly and moth hatch that was going on and it was a doozy. Even with the odds stacked against us we did okay, and better than most according to the creel survey that was going on. Numbers wise,when i was solo- most days i was getting a fish every 40 minutes or so. One day i had 4 of us aboard and we boated 12 in a 3 hr trip . On the last day of fishing( of course) I boated 10 and my brother another 5 along with a 26" landing big fish honors.
One of the real nice bonuses I had was meeting 3 WC members- Kevin and Blaine were at my resort my second week although I didn't get their exact WC handles. I also met Byron ( BCLII) and his wife Cindy. As it turned out they were interested in an Angler Qwest tritoon and since we were at the same lake at the same time I was able to take them out for a spin and some great conversation. It was great meeting everyone . Kevin's insights on Mille Lacs were much appreciated and Blaine's tip to increase leader length, slow down and to swap the bouncers for inlines definitely proved valuable.
All in all it was a fun filled time, Suzy and the crew at Fishers resort are great, the food at Da Boathouse is top notch and the Schmidt's were always ice cold !
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel