Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Power Pole charge
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 07:46 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinmanPoozie View Post
What do you gain with a Charge that the motors can't do with their alternators then?

Happy fishing!!
I run my trolling motor hard for tournaments. As I am running long distances it helps keep them charged for use and I don't ever think about running out of juice.

My main battery is big enough now (Odyssey 31 AGM) that it has plenty of power to run everything. My original problem I figured out was I had a bad breaker for my baitwell pumps that was draining my battery down. I fixed that and haven't had a problem since.

For me I get the best of both worlds. Also when I go to Canada or someplace where I don't have a power hookup, I don't worry as much because I know I can run probably a weekend of fun fishing without having to worry about charging now especially in Canada. I usually run 40 miles and when just cruising it does a good job of charging the batteries both ways. When I do that I usually change it to shared. Once the TM batteries are charged then it puts full power to the main. But usually you see power through CMonster going to both at that point.
NPAA #803