Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - 2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew 1 Year Review
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 08:23 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
How are you guys calculating the fuel milage by hand accurately? Are you using the same fuel pump all the time? Just letting it "click off"(shut off) and no topping off? How do you account for pumps that turn off earlier than the ones at another station?

These are legitimate questions I have. I have found that pumps at different stations will let me put in different amounts of fuel after the first shut off. I have filled the fuel tank to the point I can see fuel in the filler neck. Some times I get 1 gallon after the first shut. I've gotten about 3 gallons extra on real sensitive pumps after the first shut off.
The majority of my fill ups are the same pump. I go until it stops, wait a few seconds, and then pump until it stops again. Record it in an app. If you calculate all your fill ups with an app it will always balance out.

This is just from March. The old program I used is no longer functional, but the mileage was basically the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E4AA907-4809-420F-8175-FE10BB250731_1633486951566.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	329740