Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Auto chart live help. See pic
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Wallhanger

Set the acl transparency at 0 and the bottom type at 30. You should still be able to see the depth lines. I like to either turn depth colors off when I’m looking at hardness or choose a depth palette that is very different from the hardness palette. Very confusing for me when the depth and hardness colors are similar.

What are the min & max settings on hardness? Looks like it kind of blew up on you. In a lake that doesn’t have much rock I’ll do min at 5 and max at 30. That shows me where mud goes to sand pretty well but if there were gravel leading to rock on a hump surrounded by mud it might look like your first pic. If the lake has rock I’ll do 5-60 or more depending on how often the rock is scattered or concentrated.

I still struggle with settings on hardness and weeds are pretty hopeless unless they are very well defined with clean, hard bottom around. That doesn’t happen much in the lakes I fish.