Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Load testing a Terrova??
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3M TA3 View Post
You didn't say what the voltage across the batteries is. Since you have a meter, check that. What voltage are you measuring 12 to 24 hours after charging?
I had checked the battery voltage and I did again this morning. One battery seemed to run down faster than the other but it still checked 13.2 volts after sitting off charger overnight. I decided to pull it anyway and have it tested at Batteries Plus, it was one of there X2 batteries (I have 3) and they have a full replacement 4 year warranty. I had one replaced in July this year, it was 3 years 8 months old, gave me a new battery no questions, no hassles. The battery today was less than 3 years old and it was bad when load tested. Walked out with a new battery, no hassles. I bought these batteries because of the reviews on them and the 4 year full replacement warranty. They are expensive at $300 but in this case, after 3 years I have two new batteries.
I wonder if living in Arizona where these batteries are exposed to extreme heat for a few months, has a negative impact on them. I know that automotive batteries life cycle is shortened because of the heat, I woiuld expect the same for boat use.
I am not happy having to replace batteries but am extremely pleased with the no hassle and excellent customer service at Batteries Plus.