Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How to drive in big water - Page 10 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-13-2019, 11:44 AM
Keeper

One additional comment I would add is the amount of distance between waves. I have been on Erie in 6 footers and only had to slowly drive the waves because there was sufficient distance between waves. I have also been on Erie in 3 footers that were so close together that I had to get off the water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Minnow

Just remember the phone doppler will be lagging about 15-20 minutes. Sorry, that's all I can offer, these other guys give much better advice on boat driving.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:42 PM
Minnow

Ok, I've just read this entire post and one thing I don't see mentioned is fuel consumption. When it gets rough and your constantly throttling up the back side of a wave and throttle down when running down, your going to use a lot more fuel than you think. Especially if your off shore and need to make any type of run. So always top off your tank before you go out and never use 1/4 tank to run to fish, no more than 1/4 tank to fish, and always keep at least a 1/2 tank to get back.

Tight lines guys...stay safe out there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk